About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

List :-)

Ok - little update on the knee. The shot seems to have done the trick. Swelling is way down. Felt good on my run last night. The big test will be Saturday's brick. That will determine whether I go to visit the doc on Monday again. So with my departure a mere 5 days away, I've started to think about my packing list. I thought I might share that with you just for fun. I will go by each discipline, with transitions in between.

Plan is to bring my bike pump and hand it off in the morning after I use it to whomever is lucky enough to accompany me to transition at 5:30 am :-)

Swim: wetsuit, goggles, cap, bodyglide before swim, bike shorts and 2XU race jersey under wetsuit.

T1 Bag - little white towel, chamois butter, body glide, bike socks, bike shoes, race number belt, helmet, sunglasses (regular and amber lenses), arm warmers, magic pills in ziploc (tylenol, ibuprofen - evil NSAID I know, immodium, salt tablets), nutrition and fluids already on bike, along with little pack of chamois butter, in seat pack will be 3 CO2, CO2 pump, tire levers, 2 tubes with valve extenders, zip ties

Bike special needs - 2 more EFS bottles, coke or red bull

T2 Bag - running shoes, running socks, tri shorts for running, hat, body glide for feet and arms

Run special needs - warm base layer shirt, red bull

Post race - socks, underwear, prepair crocs, shirt, sweat pants

I'll need training clothes for the week, 1 bike short, 1 jersey, 1 running shorts, and 1 running shirt

My plan is to put as much as I can besides my bike and wheels into my bike box, since I'll have to pay extra for it anyway, might as well make it worth it. Sunday is packing day, The only other bag I'm bringing is my black TYR transition bag. I'm bringing minimal clothing to wear during the week - can just wash while I'm there. I should be able to cram everything I need into the bike box and the backpack. Now all I need is for the airlines not to f up my packing job or lose my bike and I should be good. I'm shopping for food when I get there. I have friends getting there on Thursday, and family on Friday - and one person should be arriving during the race to see me finish - he gets the prize for the shortest trip - about 15 hours from landing to leaving again.

I hope I impressed you all with my list making ability. Rest assured, you will hear from me soon again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment