About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Monday, October 26, 2009

The weekend

So I felt a little knee pain after my long ride 8 days ago. Not a whole lot to say about it during this past week. Actually felt good. Then I did my brick on Saturday. And I was definitely pathetically hobbling around all day yesterday. I was kind of pissy about it too. The left knee is pretty obviously bigger than the right and there is fluid in it from what I can feel. YAY!! :-) The only thing I can think of is that my bike seat is a little too low. So I skipped my 1 hour easy ride yesterday, took the day completely off - yes, I skipped a workout - I did raise my seat up a few millimeters too. Hopefully that makes a difference. My brick next Sat - 2:00 bike, 1:00 run should let me know if the problem is resolved. I do feel a little better today. I did manage to get an apt to go see my sports medicine doc today. Obviously, resting it is not an option at this point. So aside from a little peace of mind - we'll see what else arises out of the visit. Remember - whatever it takes at this point. I did not train six months to be stopped by a bum knee with 2 weeks to go. So if that means sticking a needle in my leg, sucking out fluid, and injecting me with some cortisone, then that's what it'l take. My doc's a good guy - he'll understand. So I'll let you know what comes out of this visit. Countdown is on - 12 days to go. Oh my!!......
Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment