About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Monster weekend

So that was kind of a long training weekend - or monster weekend - as referenced in the title. Got up and ran 17 miles in a little under 3 hours on Saturday morning. I did a combination of about .93 run, and then walked til I hit the mile split. I really liked that way of doing things and I kept my splits relatively even throughout. I'm gonna stick with that method - "the galloway method." I also tried fueling with coke. I found that worked too - aside from it spraying out of my fuelbelt when the flasks were filled - that's why there's aid stations :-) Then I swam about 3500 in a hour after the run. No problems there. Sunday I did about 96 miles in 5 hours on the bike. Kinda chilly, cloudy, occasional misty rain, but light wind. Why can't it be sunny?? I like the cool, but bring on the sun damnit!! Towards the end of the ride, my legs felt pretty trashed. Guess something's working then... My position feels good on the bike - after multiple minute adjustments of saddle height the last couple weeks - my back is not too sore today - feel it a little in the knees, which might mean I need to go up a millimeter or so. I'll get it - really I will. All I can say is my back feels the best now out of all of my long rides... Next weekend, brick of 1:30, 1:00, 1:00 on Sat, and ride of 5:30 on Sunday. That's all for now - talk to you soon - oh ya, Kona's on Saturday, keep those guys in your thoughts and prayers.
Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment