About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Postrace news

Ok, so here we are almost two weeks after the race. My recovery has gone well for the most part. I have actually enjoyed the time off. I managed to get 1 swim in before I went to get my tattoo done. About another 10 days and I should be good to get back in the water. I am still nursing a little bit of a left posterior knee issue. It tightened up about mile 70 or so on the bike and I remedied it for the remainder of the race with some Advil. It was swollen as all hell the day after, but 2 days after it had gone way done. It is still noticeable, but barely. I went for a 40 minute easy run yesterday and today it actually feels better than yesterday, so hopefully it was just some tendonitis that has taken care of itself. I am going to see my sports medicine doc tomorrow to rule out anything major like a meniscus or pcl (posterior cruciate ligament??) issue. Like I said, I'm thinking it was just a hamstring or calf strain but I wanna know for sure before I ramp up the miles again. I plan on spin class today and a 40 minute easy run friday, ride saturday, jog sunday. If all goes well, I'd like to be at about 25 miles a week running by the time I go start with the new coach. My loyal and loving fans are throwing me a party tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to that. I'll update again soon when I am so moved. Stay strong everyone!!



Sent from my BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment