About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So I'm nicely settled in here in Panama City Beach. I arrived, got my car, luggage, and found the condo with relative ease. The only slight glitch I have had is a tear I found in my wetsuit. I went to the bike shop and the guys there let me take the repair stuff out of the packaging, and repair it on the spot instead of spending $30 for the whole package of stuff. So far, every volunteer and worker I have encountered has been very accomodating, understanding, and will go out of their way to make sure things go smoothly for you. That's the way it is at Ironman and I'm sure my number 1 fan appreciates the repair effort instead of dropping $500 on a new wetsuit :-) So last night after I got to my room, I got my bike put together pretty quickly, and went out for about a 30 minute spin up and down the main drag where the race starts and finishes - felt pretty good. Then I hit up Walmart and got some shopping done - made some pasta and chicken for supper - it was good :-) Today, I took my time getting going in the morning, and eventually went down to check in and get all my stuff. Numbers under 1000 got to go right to the front of the LONG line - I am number 224. After I repaired my wetsuit, I did about a 10 minute swim in the ocean to loosen up a bit. I have a 20 minute run at tempo later, which I'll get done before dinner. Tomorrow is an "off" day. But I think they have the swim course buoys set up tomorrow, so I might go cruise the swim course in the morning. I found a Starbucks today - no chocolate chip cookies to be seen :-( but the nice girl working there told me they'd be set out tomorrow or she could just give me some frozen ones now - I got some frozen ones - those are going in special needs for the bike and run. I am writing from a library that I found where there's a time limit on the computer. 22 minutes remaining..... I'll write at least one more time before the race - take care all and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment