About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Night before the race...

Alright...
So..the night before Ironman Coeur d'Alene. Sitting in the hotel room, everything that possibly can be done right now is done. Today I checked my bike, dropped off gear bags, and relaxed with friends and family who are here supporting me. Got back from dinner about an hour ago, and I just finished mixing my drinks for tomorrow, and getting my nutrition and last minute stuff ready...

So I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported me on my way to this my 2nd Ironman. It takes a lot of time, money, and patience to train for an Ironman and to live with one :-) And in many cases even to be related to or be friends with one for that matter. So thank you all so much for your support, patience, and encouragement, it means a lot to me to have every single one of you as a supporter. Thank you to those of you who drove 30 miles one way to watch me swim "open water" for an hour in circles around a dam. Thank you also to the person who joined me on a few runs on her bike along beside me. It means so much to me to have your support. Thank you most especially to the person who sat at home for many hours alone while I did 2 hour runs and 5 hour bike rides. It meant the world to see you sitting there waiting for me when I got back...

So tomorrow the alarm goes off at 3:45. Get up, quick wake up shower, bagel and coffee, get my stuff together and head out the door to the race. Once there I'll drop off my special needs bags, set up my bike with nutrition and fluids, air up the tires, wait in the porta potty line a couple times probably, sit and contemplate why I am doing this again, then go stand on the beach with 2000 + other people, then swim bike and run for a very long time.. Thats about how tomorrow will go. I am racer number 277 if you want to follow on ironman.com. Well I guess thats all I have to say. Once more huge thank you to everyone for everything, you know who you are, and I love you all very much!! Next entry will be my race report. Have a good night everyone, its a good day to be an Ironman tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment