About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yay!!

So I saw the doc about my MRI yesterday and I was very happy with what I heard!! I got to look at the images on the screen with him on this fancy ass computer program that probably cost more than my house. It turns out I just have small amounts of fluid around the meniscus and small amounts of bruising somewhere (forget sorry...). He said there was no ligament damage or tendon damage requiring any scoping procedure. I believe the "official" diagnosis was patellofemoral arthralgia, which is a very common condition affecting endurance athletes. The things he saw on the MRI were normal things to see after an event such as the ironman or marathon, which does pretty major damage to your body that you cannot feel or see. So he told me I could get back into running and cycling being careful not to increase volume too quickly and I cannot hurt myself any worse. I'm also getting set up with some physical therapy to work on biomechanics and strengthening stuff. So I'm happy!! Will update soon!!



Don

No comments:

Post a Comment