About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Read :-)

42 days left until Ironman Florida. I am coming to end of my last rest week before my last big build up - then taper. I am feeling comfortable with all of my disciplines, my running seems to be falling into place. Did a 5 hour ride last Sunday, 2 this coming Sunday, and then 5, 5.5, and 6. I think I have my nutrition "plan" nailed down, about 550-650 calories / hour on the bike, with slightly less while training. Of course plans can change on race day depending on weather and other things. I'm doing a 10K this weekend - falls conveniently into my schedule. And on a related note, the Kona lottery opens on 10/1 and I'm going to enter it. 150 people selected out of thousands, so the chance is minimal. But everyone prob thinks that they have no chance, and then you get in. Then comes what I imagine is kind of a "holy shit" moment. The holy grail of races, every triathlete's dream - one day I will be there. I'm kidding myself if I think I'm fast enough to qualify, so it's up to chance - who knows... I might get lucky.... Or not depending on how you look at it... That's all for now people. More soon, promise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment