About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

good workout!

So I had a fun workout today. The plan was to be a 2 hour ride followed by a 30 minute run. Not huge by any means but still a good day of work. As I was about to head out the door a severe thunderstorm blew through the area. I was happy I wasn't out on my bike when this occurred, so was Leah. So...I set my bike up on the trainer in front of the tv and fan I have in the garage. Watched a combination of Bad Boys 2 - and when that DVD froze I switched to a Kona DVD :-) Ride went well, 30 minute warmup, followed by 5x12 minutes of tempo riding with 3 minute recoveries. Followed a nutrition strategy of 300 calories an hour using a combination of carbo pro and energy gel. Seemed to work, I'm gonna give it a shot next weekend. Then I headed out on a 30 minute run. It was HOT. Struggled my way through the run, got home, went straight to the backyard and stood under the cold hose for a few minutes. Felt great! Its about 90 out and just rained so it is humid. I'm hoping for not this weather next weekend but obviously will play the cards I'm dealt. Currently as I sit writing this, my future Ironman is playing on the floor with his mother's shoe and what looks like a cord of some kind... So that's my cue! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment