About Me

My photo
This is my 6th Summer of racing triathlon. I have now completed 3 Ironmans under my belt, Florida 2009, Coeur d'Alene 2010, and most recently Ironman Wisconsin on 9/11/11. I love my family and I love my sport and everything they have both done for me.

Friday, January 28, 2011

A new year!

Hello there loyal followers, quite a lot has happened since the end of August, so let me fill you in briefly. I am now a father! On Sunday the 16th of January, Leah and I welcomed Nicholas Alexander into our family. I wish I had the words to describe how I feel about it. Happy, excited, scared, lots of other feelings which currently escape me. It puts a whole new perspective on everything in my life. After watching Leah bring this wonderful thing into the world, I told her it was harder than any Ironman and better than any finshers medal. I don't think I'll ever do anything as hard as that and I couldn't be more proud of my amazing wife, I love you honey! As I write this, Nicholas is 12 days old. So needless to say we are still adjusting and dealing with some nights with on and off sleep to say the least. I am enjoying every minute of it. I can't wait to watch this little thing grow up before my eyes and kick my ass in a race or two!

Now a little about my plans for the season. I plan to run the half marathon in Fargo on May 21. I do believe my little brother, soon to be a doctor, will be joining me, so I'm looking forward, haven't done an open half marathon in a while. Next up will be the duathlon here in Grand Forks on June 4th, did that once in the snow, here's hoping there's none of that this year. June the 12th is the Manitou sprint triathlon in White Bear Lake, MN, another sprint, always fun! July the 9th I am going to do Lifetime Fitness in Minneapolis after a year off because of it falling so close after Coeur d'Alene. Probably my favorite race environment here. July the 24th I am going to do a 70.3 in St Paul. The weekend after is a training camp in Madison in preparation for Ironman Wisconsin. Then, at the suggestion of my coach I am going to do the sprint in Detroit Lakes on August 20, a few weeks out from Ironman, just to keep some zip in my legs. Someone else I know may make their triathlon debut here, so I'm looking forward to that. I've been to Detroit Lakes 4 times and its a nice little low key race to go back to. And last but not least, the big dance, 9/11/11, Ironman Wisconsin. Should be a fun summer! Training's coming along, I'm building strength and slowly building aerobic base. Oh ya, and I entered the Kona lottery, so we'll see what happens there this year :-)

There will be plenty more to follow about whatever's on my mind. Mainly my family and my training, both of which make my life complete and very happy. Thank you for reading, I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment